The heart of this event is you, our participants—and we need your help to make the biggest impact possible against this disease. Remember, your registration fee helps us cover the cost of operations at this event, but additional fundraising is how we make an important contribution to our community. Your support will fund breast cancer screening, treatment and education programs that save lives in our community!
Your fundraising has an impact in our community. When you raise $100, those funds could provide three uninsured women in our community with a potentially life-saving clinical breast exam. When you reach the $250 level your funds could provide patient navigation services for four individuals. Why stop there? If you raise $1000 you could provide eight women in our community with screening mammograms.
Here are a few things to know and share with everyone…
- Up to 75% of Komen’s net revenue is used to support local community-based education, screening and treatment programs here in central Indiana
- The remaining 25% of the net income supports the Susan G. Komen® Grants Program
- All donations are tax-deductible
- Learn more about our local grants program and how we serve our local community here
- Remember to ask your employer and your donors for Company Matching Gifts
- Share your personal story of why you’re running or walking to end breast cancer
- Learn more about the research Komen does around the globe
Find out about fundraising rewards here.