Sign in if you already have an account.
         

2014 Race for the Cure Chair - Kim Borges


Donate to Kim!
Team Regions
Achievements
TeamRaiser Achievement Badge
$500 Milestone
Raised $500

Ms. Kim M. Borges

140 percent of goal achieved.

Goal: $500.00
Achieved: $702.00

Make a gift!

Last August, I began one of the most meaningful volunteer experiences I have had as chair of the 2014 Komen Indy Race for the Cure. If you have participated in this fundraiser, you know firsthand it is much more than a race; it is a day filled with hope and celebration around our inspirational survivors and a heartfelt tribute to those who have courageously lost their battle.  

We are now less than three weeks away from our April 12th  event date. I am reaching out to you, my personal circle of family members, friends and colleagues, to ask you to be part of this year’s Race with me. Since I began this journey just eight months ago, two of my colleagues have received a breast cancer diagnosis and a friend has experienced her second recurrence after 16 years in remission. It has been a constant reminder for me of the impact of this disease. It is an impact I know many of you have personally experienced as a result of your own family member or friend’s diagnosis.

There are still several meaningful opportunities to make an impact around the Race:  

·        Join in on the action by registering to run or walk! Don’t have a team?  No worries, Team Regions would love to have you as part of our group! Please share your interest and I can connect you to our Team Captain. Not an early riser? Again, no worries, you can even Sleep In for the Cure by visiting the Komen Indy Web site
(
www.komenindy.org/race)

·        Make a donation at the giving level right for you (link to my page)

·        You can even cocktail to support the cause! Come see me (attempt to) bartend this Thursday, March 27, from 5:30 – 9:00 p.m. at Ruth’s Chris (northside location at 96th & Keystone) alongside local media personalities and my Central Indiana Affiliate Office friends. All tips benefit Komen!

·        Share this note with your own personal circle to raise breast health awareness and encourage others to join us in the fight.

75% of the net proceeds raised from the Race remain right here in Central Indiana to provide breast health services, screening and treatment to Hoosiers who need them. The remaining 25% supports global research initiatives.

Every runner, walker and dollar makes a difference. For those who have already contributed, thank you. I sincerely appreciate your support in helping us reach our fundraising finish line and look forward to seeing you among our sea of pink on Race day!

All the best,

Kim Borges

Share EmailFacebookLinkedInMySpaceTwitter
Share on Facebook
Cancel
Share on MySpace
Cancel
Share on Twitter
A short URL will be added to the end of your Tweet.

Cancel
Share on LinkedIn
Cancel
 

To print out a donation form, click here.

PDFs for download

What is Breast Cancer?
Breast Cancer Risk Factors
Breast Cancer Detection
Talking to your Doctor

If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.